A recent graduate with a 1st Class BA degree in Philosophy from the University of Leeds looking to grow in the world of work and showcase my various skills as a Ski Instructor in an exciting and engaging new role. My academic achievements have given me an array of transferrable skills that have been advantageous in my employment opportunities – for example, studying Philosophy has made me proficient in written and verbal communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, and working well under pressure. Resultingly, my communicative and analytical skills have enabled me to build strong client/customer relationships in my sales and recruitment experience, tackle new challenges with clarity and rigor, and help companies thrive.
Spa Experience Agent, Scandinave Spa whistler
– Working in a team to coordinate smooth operations of all spa activities.
– Maintaining the site, such as juicing the sauna coals, building fires, housekeeping, and pool operations, to ensure the best experience for all guests.
December 2022—April 2023
Ski Instructor, Sun Peaks Resort
– Instructing and coordinating beginner, intermediate and advanced lessons, ensuring a safe and supportive learning environment for clients of all ages.
– Maintained various equipment and, using my own experience and expertise, taught private lessons to individuals and groups.
– Created and maintained a positive and enjoyable learning experience for clients.
April 2022—November 2022
English Editor, MDPI
– Reviewing, proofreading, and editing scientific articles to improve the clarity and accuracy of the language.
– Ensuring that all articles follow MDPI’s style guidelines and conventions and are edited to a publishable standard.
– Working to tight deadlines and collaborating with authors to answer any questions and provide feedback on their articles.
January 2022—April 2022
Recruitment Consultant, Harvey McQueen Ltd.
– Consulting business needs with new and existing clients to build rapport, maintaining and creating excellent partnerships with companies by sourcing talented candidates, and ensuring the continuation and enhancements of all services by resolving all client and candidate challenges.
– From consulting with the client’s needs, sourcing, interviewing, and evaluating all potential candidates thoroughly, I excelled at filling a variety of positions within only 2 months in a wide range of sectors, from construction and FLT driver’s roles to highly experienced Quantity Surveyor’s in the commercial industry.
october 2021—january 2022
account executive, vohkus
– Driving sales and delivering product expertise from industry-leading tech giants such as Microsoft, Apple, HP, and Cisco.
– Utilizing internal and external resources to gain extensive knowledge on the options for IT hardware, software, and any tech-related services. Using this to build strong business relationships with clients through facilitating open discussions regarding their tech needs and desires to create and manage accounts.
– Through critical assessment of what products could benefit the client best, I used persuasive devices to open new accounts through hardware sales. I further strengthened existing relationships by providing new Cisco security systems which resulted in me being the first in my group to generate profit and revenue for Vohkus.
October 2019—February 2021
Bar Staff & Silver Service Catering, Dore Agency
– Working at Elland Road Stadium during Leeds United games and York Racecourse in the VIP boxes bolstered my interpersonal skills and ability to work well under pressure due to large quantities of customers at one time.
May 2019—September 2019
Assistant Estimator, MWS UK ltd
Tackling complex architectural designs under tight schedules strengthened my keen eye for detail and gave me greater confidence to work in areas unknown to me.
October 2018—May 2019
Waiter & Kitchen Porter, the White Horse, Edgworth
February 2017—August 2018
Crew Member, McDonalds
November 2017—July 2018
Waiter, Giuseppe’s Restaurant and Bar
June 2016—January 2017
Kitchen Porter, the Black Bull Inn
September 2018 – May 2021
BA Philosophy (1st Class), University of Leeds
September 2016 – May 2018
A-levels, Bury Grammar School Boys
Psychology – A; Religious Studies – A; English literature – B
September 2011 – May 2016
GCSEs, Bury Grammar School Boys
10 GCSEs: 3 A*s, 6 As, 1 B
· Confidence/Building Relationships
· Strong Written and Verbal Communication
· Power of Critical Analysis
· Problem Solving
· Attention to Detail
· Recruitment and Sales Proficiency
· Hanging out with friends and family
Fluent in English.
I achieved a 1st Class grade in my degree, the highest mark.
I am a CSIA qualified Level 2 ski instructor with a CSIA Freestyle Park qualification. I spent my time in Sun Peaks instructing and coordinating a variety of lessons, from beginner first-timers all the way to advanced level 5 children and adults.